Job title: Team Leader
Report to: Contracts Manager
Team leaders will report to a nominated Contracts Manager
- Managing a team on specific projects and/or properties, to make sure jobs are completed to a high standard, maximising the team’s onsite productivity using the full range of practical skills required for maintenance and soft landscaping.
- Interact with the nominated contracts manager (and other contract managers as necessary) to ensure teams are fully equipped to undertake the site visits each day & are despatched efficiently & on time. To include:-
- Job sheets
- Special requirements and any additional work instructions
- Equipment required
- Number of operatives with relevant skills required
- Site specific method statements & risk assessments are in place & fully understood.
- Agree optimal route planning.
- Day diaries are complete.
- Complete over-time sheets
- Managing your team whilst on site (including travel to & from)
- Ensuring the productivity of the team; jobs are completed to a high standard, including any special instructions within the time frame agreed.
- Operatives are aware & fully complying with all Health & Safety and environmental requirements. Required protective clothing/equipment to be worn at all times.
- Proactively identify any additional onsite requirements; take action to undertake additional work if required during the site visit , if timescales allow.
- Provide feedback to the nominated Contracts Manager (and other contract managers as necessary) on any additional work undertaken or required, to agree any further action and communication to the client.
- Liaise with nominated contracts manager to ensure any special requirements are completed, issues are resolved, providing relevant additional information/feedback.
- Providing full Job status information & updates – via the mobile App/device provided.
- Job status updates – to be fully completed & clearly communicated in real time using mobile app/device provided.
- ·Real time updates to show when teams are travelling , on-site , undertaking work, when jobs are completed. Providing before & after photos, with any other relevant site or client information .
- You will be responsible to ensure that all data is input correctly into the mobile App/device provided and on time- either directly or by one of your team .
- Be the first point of call for the nominated Contract Manager – establish a clear 2-way communication to understand any on site requirements , special instructions, resolving issues & customer complaints. To communicate & be able to react to any changing conditions or issues.
- Develop onsite client relationships – keeping the Contracts Manager (and other contracts managers as necessary) fully informed & agree any additional actions or communications that are required. This also to apply to any 3rd parties onsite.
- On-site responsibilities will include developing your team members skills and speed required to complete onsite tasks within the allocated time frames. A strong focus on onsite productivity and time management. Above all keeping them motivated & performing to a high standard.
- You will be required to develop other team members range of plant knowledge and gardening techniques such as:
- Lawn mowing, lawn height reduction.
- Strimming banks, open spaces, lawns and edges.
- Defining/re-defining lawn edges, border creation.
- Top dressing and over seeding.
- Hedge cutting, hedge height reduction.
- Mechanical weed control.
- Chemical weed control.
- Assist with PA1 & PA6 development.
- Border maintenance.
- Hard surface operations, including mechanical moss removal.
- Powered tools.
- Other general gardening operations including all hand tools required for all company operations.
- Any other tasks as necessary to support the work of the company and raise the profile of Bennett Landscapes.
Key skills and attributes:
o Experience of leading a landscape maintenance team.
o A full UK driving licence is essential and ideally a trailer licence.
o Good communication skills.
o Excellent awareness of Health & Safety and implementing procedures.
o Proactive attitude & be a natural problem solver