Job title: Landscaper (Site Operative)
Report to: Team Leader/Senior Supervisor/ Deputy Manager – as allocated
- You will be required to work supervised and unsupervised on specific projects and/or properties providing gardening techniques such as:
- Lawn mowing
- Strimming lawns and edges, defining lawn edges
- Top dressing
- Hedge cutting & height reduction
- Mechanical weed control & Hard surface operations
- Border maintenance
- Soft Landscaping – assist when required
- Other general gardening operations including litter picking ,refuse collection, street sweeping, leaf clearance
- Working with ride-on machinery and powered tools.
- During Winter you will monitor the grit bins on site, reporting on the status of contents; also, to assist with spreading grit or removing snow as required.
- Developing the projects and/or properties you will be working on by proactively seeking ways to enhance their appearance. To include:-
- Ensuring the site is clean and tidy – , ensuring that each site is left clean, tidy and in a litter free condition at the end of the site visit. litter picking& emptying litter bins as required
- Monitoring the skips on site; reporting the status of its contents.
- Site problem reporting including fly-tipping ,graffiti, blocked or damaged drains, vandalism.
- Assisting with basic site maintenance tasks :sweeping footpaths, car parking spaces and kerb edges, weeding borders etc
- Developing the speed required to complete onsite tasks within the allocated time frames
- Site Operatives will be required to proactively develop skills & necessary techniques to increase speed and ability on the job.
- Developing their own gardening techniques and horticultural skills to proactively enhance the appearance of the projects and/or properties.
- When working on high profile properties e.g. clients Head Offices or buildings of significance, Site Operatives to ensure work standards are of the highest quality.
- Ensuring that day to day operations of the business run smoothly. Including:
- Complete entries into day diaries on a daily basis
- Complete all administrative documentation , risk assessments, time sheets and mileage logs on a weekly basis
- Identify refuelling needs
- Maintain all company equipment ; clean all tools used at the end of each day, regularly cleaning vans.
- Any other tasks as necessary to support the work of the company and raise the profile of Bennett Landscapes.
Key skills and attributes:
- Previous experience in Landscape / Grounds Maintenance.
- Ability to operate a range of horticultural equipment including power and hand tools, push mowers, strimmers, hedge cutting equipment etc
- A full UK driving licence is preferable and ideally a trailer licence.