Job title: Apprentice – Field Team
Report to: Team Leader/Senior Supervisor/ Deputy Manager – as allocated
- You will be required to work supervised and unsupervised on specific projects and/or properties providing gardening techniques such as:
- Lawn mowing
- Strimming lawns and edges, defining lawn edges
- Top dressing
- Hedge cutting
- Hedge height reduction
- Mechanical weed control & Hard surface operations
- Border maintenance
- Soft Landscaping – assist when required
- Other general gardening operations including working with powered tools
- Prior experience will be essential in all the areas listed above
- Developing the projects and/or properties you will be working on by proactively seeking ways to enhance their appearance.
- Developing your speed of work required to complete onsite tasks within the allocated time frames , to involve developing their own gardening techniques and horticultural skills.
- Ensuring that all day to day operations of the business run smoothly. This includes:
- Cleaning all tools used at the end of each day
- Cleaning the van on a weekly basis
- Take part in company communications
- Any other tasks as necessary to support the work of the company and raise the profile of Bennett Landscapes.
- Undertake an Individual Learning Plan with the training , as agreed with the Training Manager.
- Work with line manager (Team Leader/Senior Supervisor/ Deputy Manager – as allocated) & Training Manager to develop on-the-job training , to develop skills & knowledge .
- Attend necessary workshops / College to undertake off-the job training in support of achieving the apprenticeship portfolio.
- Spend minimum 20% of time in off-the job training
- Undertake regular reviews with line management (Team Leader/Senior Supervisor/ Deputy Manager – as allocated) & Training Manager to review progress and undertake any agreed action plans in support of the Individual Learning Plan.
Key skills and attributes:
- A keen interest in horticulture
- A willingness to learn & develop skills
- Proactive attitude & be a natural problem solver
- Physically able to carry out the demands of the role