We are currently seeking a Credit Controller to join our finance department. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the best known and established Landscaping companies operating in the region and join our significantly experienced and talented team. We are seeking a motivated, proactive individual who can demonstrate the ability to successfully manage themselves and who enjoys working as part of a great team.
The duties of our Credit Controller would focus on both ensuring that outstanding invoices are paid in a timely fashion, whilst bringing to the attention of management, clients that are repeatedly exceeding their credit terms. This would involve jointly, reviewing slow paying problem clients and the adoption of a variety of courses of possible action that may, after agreement and unusually, result in the suspension of the account.
The role would involve both being proactive in establishing that our sales invoices are numerically correct, display the correct purchase order numbers and have been accepted and recorded by our client’s various administration systems. These processes would have to be undertaken well before our sales invoice become due for payment. We would like to aim for a situation whereby all clients are contacted to clarify the date, breakdown and amount of their next payment. It would then be necessary to progress chase, the position and reasons for our invoices, that have not yet been processed for payment and rectify the situation.
It may become a judgement call in deciding whether a late payment is a sign that the customer may need tighter credit management in future.
Our new Credit Controller will need to have a professional manner as well as possessing a friendly and outgoing personality. Good communication skills, electronic, audio and visual would be essential for efficient communication with internal colleagues and external clients. The ability to be flexible with your workload will be necessary as you will be required to assist with other department duties when required.
- Be able to self-manage your own sales ledger. Planning calls/emails and using your experience and judgement in managing the effective collection of payments in line with payment terms.
- Experience in the relevant elements of SAGE 50 accounts, Excel spreadsheets and Credit Hound debtor management software is desirable. However, these objectives could be achieved with a degree of in-house training if required.
- Use judgement based on experience and the customer’s track record to avoid bad debts and be firm when necessary. Liaison with management regarding possibility of payment plans if necessary
- Follow specified procedures, if agreed deadlines are not met, payments have not been made without a reasonable reason, putting the account on stop if instructed.
- Dealing with invoice queries to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner to ensure payment is not delayed.
- Chasing and allocating remittances advices.
- Ensuring Clients Purchase Orders are received and processed correctly.
- Producing weekly/monthly reports for senior management.
- To provide and give support to colleagues working in other administrative areas as and when required.
- Numeracy, accuracy, and efficiency are all essential requirements.
- Good communication skills at all levels. Be willing and able to challenge, when appropriate, in a non-confrontational manner.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Word, Sage Accounts and other CRM systems
- Highly organised and focussed working methods
- Experience in a similar role with examples of previous credit control success would be desirable.